Monday, July 15, 2019

Franklin Falls: Summer 2019

We are in peak of the summer and I continue to mix in some unplanned activities.  It was a Monday morning and I was ready to get the boys out into nature.  We headed out to hike Franklin Falls - a 2-mile round trip hike that is super lovely and quiet.

It was raining that morning - more like a Texas rain than a Seattle rain, but the forecast showed it stopping at any moment.  I pack a backpack full of food, clothes and miscellaneous items and we head out.

Five minutes into the trip Noel says, "It's really raining - are we going to hike in this?"  I act like I don't hear him and just keep driving.  And I mean - it JUST. KEEPS. RAINING.  But stubborn me keeps driving on (editors note: if you haven't looked below at the pictures, then the aforementioned description obviously means it's Adam writing this post).

Well, we exit the highway and the rain miraculously stops and we park.  As we get out, Noel says, "OH -it's cold - did you pack any pants?"  I am just imaging the next 2 hours not being what I'd hoped for; however, to my delight, we had a fantastic time.

A few photos below:

We started off with a sighting of the largest slug we've ever seen (look above Noel's index finger and thumb)!


Selfie after eating lunch on a massive log:


Once at the top, you can run all around and explore the falls:




Happy boys at the end of the trail - I won huge points when they got soaked up at the falls and discovered the extra dry clothes I'd packed.



No comments:

Post a Comment